Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday!

Evan turned 8 this August. Although we'd transitioned into kid parties over the last couple of years, this year I did a family party for Evan as well. Last year we were living at my parent's house after we'd sold our house and hadn't found property to buy yet. He kind of missed out on the birthday thing. He'd say to me, "Remember when I didn't have a birthday last year?" Ugh, take the knife out of my heart! The weather was perfect that day, thankfully since I'm known for having BBQ's when it's 104.

There was lots of scooter/bike fun on the driveway---
Kid food on the grill---

Tree climbing, of course---



Sorenson cousins brought a stomp rocket/bubble blower---lots of fun---


Played games like egg passing, water bombs, and penny toss/candy games. It was pretty intense! The cutest was watching Luke, my brother's youngest, walk so carefully with his egg.








I also, drumroll please, FINALLY finished Evan's frayed edge quilt! It only took me 3 years to finally focus on finishing it!
The back side





And the front.
It fits his twin bed and is nice and big for couch snuggling.





Then it was time for banana splits and snickerdoodles as per Evan's request. How easy can it get? Whew! Hopefully this will make up for Birthday 2008, or lack of. Happy Birthday E!!











1 comment:

Rick and Terry said...

Wow!!! that a beautiful quilt -- makes me want to rush out a purchase a sewing machine!!!!