Thursday, July 8, 2010

whiner


I think summer has finally gotten to me. More importantly, I'm completely frustrated with my kids(horse included)! The problem is if I were to get a break I am constantly thinking about the things I need to do at home! Add to that Amanda's softball tournament coming up in Concord and it makes for a whining sesson from me. Today has pretty much been a waste of time. Actually, it could be completely be erased and there would be no impact on my life whatsoever. I have gone from limiting the kid's television watching to ignoring what they are doing and letting them be complete couch potatoes. I'm doing nothing stimulating or enriching with them because at some point they will start bickering, yelling, hitting, tattling, _____fill in the blanks! I'm guessing I need a major attitude adjustment. Some fun money and chocolate might be nice too...well OK, skip the chocolate. I'm way too sore to jeopardize my workout with chocolate! Do you ever feel like you have a rope tied to your back and as soon as you start moving forward with something you get yanked right back? Among the worry of making a decision to get a hysterectomy for my fibroid issue, the horse I purchased in February is at the trainer's house getting a tune-up so I can learn how to ride her better. She is dealing with some nervous issues and once the trainer has her ready, I'll be the one with the nervous issue! That lady is intimidating! One step forward, two MAJOR steps back. The trainer seems to feel that someone in her past was pretty heavy handed with her, which makes her jumpy and quick to respond. That is what I need to learn how to ride out of her. The scary part is I don't know how long it's going to take me to do that. We thought we did an adequate job of doing our homework with Cat. We took her to the trainer to ride, had her checked out by the vet, and spent a lot of time talking to her old owner about her habits and such before I decided to purchase her. It doesn't matter how much you do it is still a gamble I guess. After getting dumped on the ground a couple of times I guess it's better to learn in a sandy arena over the trail and pavement that met my body at an alarming rate of speed! I keep telling myself I don't need the stress and to just quit. But where is the fun and scary excitement in that? I'll just go over there with a knot in my stomach and a little throw up in my mouth and get on. Right? Sounds easy! That's what happens when you learn to ride old school as a kid and now the trend is to have them finely tuned to respond to every body movement. I guess this old dog has some major learning to do. And that scares the shit out of me!

1 comment:

Grace and Aria said...

Oh, girl... I feel your pain on the kid level and sympathize with the horse issue. You're a fighter - you'll win out, I'm sure! xoxo!