Monday, December 21, 2009

Being thankful

Lots to be thankful for this year. The older the kids get the more they are thankful for traditions. Hay rides, desserts, taking a walk after dinner to pick out ornaments at Nicholson's Blown Glass down the road, all things they look forward to every Thanksgiving. They have it easy though. We used to get towed around in a rickety trailer with tractor exhaust burning out our sinuses. Pansies.



This is a tradition that's been carried on in many families, but I still like to think we're the only ones that do this. My Aunt Cathy used to always make sure we dawned our olive fingers every Thanksgiving. Of course I taught my kids to do the same.

Another tradition, my mom always in the kitchen whipping up great food. We are always thankful for her skill and hard work.


Hummm. Somehow this one is out of order and I don't feel like fixing it! Olive fingers never get old. I must admit I even had my olive fingers on at one point as I stood quietly in the corner. Don't tell anyone though!



We hope your holiday was filled with tradition and family!



1 comment:

Grace and Aria said...

tradition and family. perfect. Or "perfic" as Luke would say. It was a wonderful holiday season. The older I get, the more I appreciate family, too. xoxo!