Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A couple of holiday crafties

Merry Christmas! I'm a sucker for crocheted Christmas stuff. I think it reminds me of my Grammie Crabtree sending out little tree ornaments every year along with various other homemade items. She made snowmen, wreaths, trees, etc. all out of yarn. I still have a couple of her ornaments hanging on the tree. (That's one of the fun parts about decorating the tree. I love to pull out an ornament and remember what the story is behind it.) My sister in-law Jessica(Chris's sister) asked what kinds of things to make for Christmas for her craft website where she makes handmade items to sell. I asked about a snowman. Then she sent me a pic of the man with an orange scarf. Then I asked about a snow lady. The red hat wearin' snow lady was born. Well, you can't have a snow couple without a couple of snow kids to go along with them! Now they are sitting on my counter!


I also made my first "real" quilt this past fall, which means it wasn't frayed edge. I did quilt as you go on this one. It is a bread warmer that I made for my mom out of Christmas fabrics. I have lots more crafties to finish before Christmas. School teacher gifts, piano teacher gift, birthday gift, Christmas pillows that I've been wanting to make, aah, I'm not sure I'm going to get it all done. Oh well. There's always next year for my pillows. The other stuff can't wait!!! Better get busy! Hope you're all enjoying your holiday preparations!

No comments: