Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Garden Gate flannel quilt

A new record! I finished this in less than 2 weeks! It was an easy quilt to do and feels great to cuddle up with. I'm not done with a label yet, but I'm calling this one Garden Gate. I've mostly done frayed edge quilts, so this one is a traditional quilt. I did a machine quilt along the sashing. I'm in no way patient enough for hand quilting right now. I'm into quick and easy at this point in my life. The most important thing is IT'S DONE.

The back is done with a flannel that I've had for a while. It's kind of a southwestern/pottery/kitchen/floral window looking fabric. Luckily I had JUST enough to cover the back but had to add a border to it to make it fit. I learned some stuff along the way as well so it was a win win. Now to finish my other projects...there's always some sitting around.


No comments: