Sunday, March 28, 2010

This bathroom stinks!

Reapplying a couple of loose tile turned into replacing rotten sub floor, cracked shower pan and failing tile, and rotted drywall. Ohh funnn!!! That means new flooring as well. It went from a weekend fix to over a month of using the front bathroom with the kids. I want my bathroom back! Poor Chris tries to use spare time in the evenings and on weekends. Unfortunately, it's Spring time here and that means outside stuff is starting to pile up. We'll get it done eventually.



Ack! My vanity is completely covered!!! It has made me more prepared though. It never fails, every time you get naked in the front bathroom, DOWN THE HALL FROM YOUR BEDROOM/BATHROOM, you forget underwear, the new razor blade, face stuff, and I'll be darned but my tweezers have vanished in the kid bathroom. Ahhh! It also means you have to strategically plan showers. I never lock the bathroom door anymore because as soon as I get in someone has to go poop, thereby locking you in with the smell once they are done. My kids have seen me naked more than I care to think about this past month. At least it's through the distorted glass. The other day I went to the bathroom in the front bathroom with the door wide open. Amanda asked why I was going with the door open. I blankly stared at her and said, "Um, I don't know." It's driving me nuts! Since we use the front bathtub stall for the cat box that "bathroom" is now out on the floor in the front bathroom as well. So, now all SIX of us use that one.

Chris is leaving the drywall texturing to me. I told him I used the spray can knockdown texture for a 1x1 space on Evan's wall where the window leaked down the wall in our old house. This is a bit more surface than I've done. I also get to match the old paint and reapply the moulding around the bottom of the wall once the floor is done. Of course it's almost gone twice over what we thought it was going to cost. Needless to say we'll be living with a shower rod/curtain for a while until we can afford the door we want. Hopefully that's it for house repairs this year!



I did talk Chris into doing the molded stall walls instead of re-doing the tile. After 2 houses with tile in the bathrooms, I didn't want to deal with it anymore. I dislike scrubbing grout. Yes, tile looks pretty, but I prefer smooth surfaces now. It feels cleaner to me. Now to just get rid of the nasty tile in my kitchen...shhh. Don't tell Chris!


2 comments:

Grace and Aria said...

oh, my! i'm sorry... and i'm laughing. the bathroom monologues are too funny. hang in there!!

Rick and Terry said...

Totally relate to the oh! crap! discovery.

it will end well it will just take longer and cost more....