Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sorry, more chick pictures!

Easter break-could the timing be any better for baby chicks?

Out of 12 eggs 4 hatched
One proud momma!


I apologize for the endless amounts of chicken pictures. I just can't get enough of these little babies! You don't realize how small they are when they are born until you see them right out of the shell. They are TINY! This is one proud momma. She makes sure I know when they need food, and she's showing them around the back yard. One got stuck in the fence and one fell in a hole so I'm constantly checking on them. Chickens just keep moving if one falls behind. She has to watch out for the other 3. Sometimes she will come back, bringing the rest with her, but I guess the babies have to learn to get a long on their own, just like our kids do I guess. The cutest thing is to watch them all squish under her to get warm, and then one by one pop out to run around. Then she takes them for a stroll in the tall grass. One by one they follow her, running to keep up. Sometimes I feel like that. Life runs on ahead of us, and we chase after it one by one, trying to keep up. I'm just trying to remember to have God leading me. I just wish he wouldn't let me fall into so many holes or get stuck in so many fences...I guess my job is to survive!

No comments: