Friday, April 10, 2009

Death Match 2009 aftermath

So, Evan and I have been having a little disagreement about his hairstyle as of late. This picture shows why. It is frequently ALL OVER THE PLACE. Mommy let the kids stay up until 9:45 last night playing Plastic Egg Death Match and consequently, the morning brought on major bed head. I think I'm going to let him go about his day looking like this. The problem with this plan is he doesn't care! And yes, he is eating a cookie at 6:45 in the morning. Shame, Shame.

Oh, look. Daddy brought him back a concert t-shirt last year that I decided was a jammie shirt; not to be worn to school. Gee, I don't know why. And guess how much said KID shirt cost? Yup, $28. I told him from now on, (Which is only about once every 2 or so years when he and his buddy decide to go out) he is to make all spontaneous purchases BEFORE consuming alcohol.
Anyway, back to the hair. He walks around with bed head all the time and it hangs down around his ears. Lately I've been trying to ignore it, since he wants it like his friend at school. He did say he'd let me trim it around his ears but I have to keep the top long. He knows I'm one step away from buzzing it so he doesn't trust me. He did agree to let Marcy TRIM it so we're on our way down to her house today! Well, actually we're going down to make peanut butter chocolate eggs like we used to when we were kids at her mom's house. I'm throwing in the hair thing since he agreed to it! Sheesh! I just figured walking around with your hair all over the place would be embarrassing. He could care less. He has always been the one to call my bluff. "Go ahead and throw all of my toys away mommy. I don't really need any of them anyway." Grrrrr. Throw a little gel in it and I could be looking at my kid in about 10 years...concert shirt, dazed sleepy look about him, and messy hair. Anxiety!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"go ahead and throw them away... I don't mind..." Oh my gosh it must be a Thomas thing... my mom said Chris said the same thing and Jack says it too! ARRRRRRGGGHHHH!
Jess

Anonymous said...

Ah man,
This TOTALLY reminds me of Kaden. He's a long hair kinda boy too. And it can be standing straight up and it wouldn't bother him one bit!

Hope you're having a nice Spring!

Lorna said...

Ok, so I've been MIA on the blog scene again but I'm back :).

Remember Wyatt's crazy mowhawk, right? It passed. I think you're doing the right thing in letting him have his hair his way right now. Seems like the need to be an "individual" (which, ironically means, "like your friends") kicks in around this age. Good thing is...new styles come along frequently! lol!