Thursday, May 13, 2010







I hope you all had a nice weekend and made some Mother in your life feel special. I had a nice Sunday brunch out with my kiddos and husband. Then we went to one of my favorite places. Eisley's nursery is a local nursery that has wonderful plants and fun garden embelishments. They took me to pick out a rose bush. I like flowers with roots attached to them and before we moved they would buy me a new rose for my garden every Mother's Day. When we moved I couldn't take them with me as it was stinking hot in August and we hadn't found a house yet. I have a place that I'm going to convert into my new rose garden. We worked a little on the garden and should have most of it in by this weekend. The kids are busy with end of the year projects. Amanda just finished one on raising butterflies that is to be turned in next week for the open house. ONE more week until I no longer have bugs on my counter. The dumb ants have grow quite accustomed to coming in my kitchen at night to eat the sugar water we leave out for the butterflies to eat. It was actually a fun project! We watched the little tiny catepillars grow and pupate. Then on Mother's Day they started hatching. The kids were so excited! So I guess I got Painted Lady Butterflies for Mother's Day too!

No comments: