Saturday, May 1, 2010

you know you're gettin' old when...

This week has been a productive one! I finished my costume for Evan's field trip (no thanks to the cat)on Monday. More pictures to follow!
I hope your Saturday is starting off well. I have watching a softball game ahead of me followed by whatever I can manage to do. Apparently, I've messed up my lower back/hips. I have NO idea how I did this, but for the past week I've been in a pretty good amount of pain. Sometimes it's pain to make me take deep breaths, and sometimes it's enough to make me stop moving. That is short lived, however, since as a momma, opportunities to stop don't come often. Chris is working a lot of overtime as of late which leaves me to do most everything else so I haven't been able to do much beyond go to the chiropractor. Unfortunately, since it didn't help(usually I have instant relief from an adjustment), I'm pursuing this further with my doctor. I fear it might be related to another health concern I've had as of late and think it's more nerve related over muscle. Sigh!!! NOW you know why I titled this post "you know you're getting old when...". I hope to have this behind me in a couple of weeks, but for now I have too much to do to worry about it! We have gardens that need planting, weeds that need to be mowed, a house to tend to, and a family that is in high gear! Advil is my friend and my ultrasound won't come soon enough! I hope it gives some insight or at least a direction to go with to figure out what is wrong. I won't say I'm not somewhat fearful of what's going on. To tell the truth it weighs on my mind quite heavily. Nothing like a bunch of hurry up and wait to make one nervous! Anyhoo, love the one you're with, hug your kiddos, and have a nice, relaxing weekend! The weather is perfect!

No comments: