Monday, June 21, 2010

Ahhh, vacation

Tap-tap-tap-Um...is this thing on? Hello...how do I do this "back to reality" thing?

Here is a picture of some Meercats(Is that how you spell it? That doesn't look correct) at the San Diego Zoo. Evan had them mesmerized with his yo-yo going up and down. It was hysterical. Up, down, up, down. What strange little creatures!


We're back from our week long vacation in San Diego. We did a lot of fun things, and took a lot of pictures. I've decided there are good and bad things associated with digital cameras. You can take as many pictures as you want and not have to worry about developing bad pictures. But you can also take as many pictures as you want...we took 620. Ugh. That's a lot of pictures to go through! I'm trying to go through the best of them, but we did LOTS of stuff! Now that the kids are out of school, that means serious use of our 3G Internet, which means I won't be able to post as often as I'd like, but I'll try to put in a couple of pictures every day.
I'll give an overview of our trip on this one. First, let me say, my husband rocks at planning vacations. He's been holding out on me all these years! We started with our 91/2 hour drive on Saturday morning all the way into the city of San Diego. We stayed on the 25th floor of the Sheraton. We did a lot of walking, went to a Padre's game, went to the zoo, and went through an earthquake. I went through a pretty bad earthquake years back at my grandparent's house when we were visiting them in Los Angeles, but never have I been in one where I was 25 stories off the ground. Can I just say HOLY CRAP!!! The building swayed past the point where the earthquake ended. We were all sound asleep when it hit. Once it was over Chris decided he needed to pack up his things. He just kept saying, "Where is my stuff?" I think he was still slightly asleep. It REALLY freaked him out. It took about 30 minutes to calm the kids down and go back to sleep. NOT fun! After 3 days there we headed north towards Pacific Beach, which is just above Mission Beach. We did an unplanned trip to Sea World and got lucky with a 2 bedroom condo that was equipped with beach toys, chairs, and a boogie board. The rest of the trip we were beach bums, and decided the city life wasn't for us. That was easy to decide since the condo was right on the beach and had sliding glass doors in every direction opening to the ocean. Can you say free upgrade? We really lucked out! I think we'll be going back there next year. Seriously. It was that enjoyable and relaxing. Not a computer, cell phone, or Starbucks in sight. Well, I found the Starbucks next to the grocery store when we were stocking up but it was out of sight for the most part! Now I'm having a hard time coming back to reality and having my husband not be around all the time again. After 10 days of him being here I don't want him to go back to work! We did come back to mild weather, still, and LOTS of weeds so I guess I know what I'm going to be doing this week!

1 comment:

Grace and Aria said...

Beach bums! Sounds perfect to me!! That's how I would like to retire, thank you.
That earthquake is crazy. You are an earthquake magnet, girl! Glad you are home safe and sound :)