Saturday, September 27, 2008

Here Kitty Kitty

Here I went out to the hen house Saturday night, off to lock up my girls and Rodney. I make it into the hen yard and notice eyes gleaming back at me and the chickens all staring down at the fuzzy creature looking in the boxes for eggs. Ahhh!!!! Run!!!! There was a SKUNK in my hen house! I ran out of the gate and then got ticked. If that thing eats my babies I'm gonna be mad! I yelled at Chris in the house that there was a skunk in my hen house. Out he came with Evan's BB gun and his headlamp. Those of you that know Chris's other skunk story will appreciate his knowledge in "skunk relations". The skunk proceeded to sniff around where the babies were in the box, trying not to move. I was hoping it wasn't going to eat one of them. I think it was looking for eggs. All I know is it wasn't leaving until it wanted to. Then it took off out the back and disappeared. I found it's hole along the fence. I'm glad it didn't spray inside the hen house. Yuck! Then the chickens would never start to lay eggs. I guess I'm going to have to do some rockwork along the fence tomorrow. Damn skunk.

3 comments:

Lorna said...

I am laughing out loud! I have a feeling Chris is going to amass an arsenal of "skunk tails" now that you're living country. Of course, the first will always be the best!

Mommy said...

Hey! Congrats on your new home and the additions to your family. I am very excited for you! I must come and check it out soon. Glad to see you back online....

Grace and Aria said...

Picturing Chris with the headlamp on CRACKS me up!! And I have a feeling there will be plenty of funny 'Chris in the country' stories. (No offense, Chris. You know we love you! But you DO give us lots of material for funny stories. IE, Mickey Mouse was a pirate?