Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lickety Split!

Know how to get your "refuses to let you cut his hair" son to cut his hair?

BEFORE
AFTER

Culprit??? A tick on the back of his neck in all of his messy hair. Luckily it wasn't even there long enough to make a mark. EEEWWWW!!! Our cat has been exploring in the grass looking for lizards and has brought in 2 of them on her hair. My skin is crawling!!! I told him he won't be at as much risk if he keeps his hair nice a short. They won't have a place to hide. I also said unless he keeps his room clean I can't vacuum and make sure the cats aren't dropping any on his carpet when they go in there to sleep. Ha, ha...how's that for quick thinking? Horns are up and in full working order...


4 comments:

Grace and Aria said...

It's a full time job outwitting our kids! His cut looks great :)

Patty T said...

I'm waiting for the day that he passes on the information to someone about how short hair will help with ticks and such, like it's true...

Rick and Terry said...

It is true in that you can find them more easily.

I hate ticks and totally understand your creepy reaction. We've got them in parts of Maine and they are nasty! I can't stand the fact that they stay embedded for a few days -- I prefer the black flies method (quick bite and go)......

Anne said...

Now my head is itchy.