Friday, June 26, 2009

Critters

Well, the critters are out! Not only have I woken up to the INTENSE smell of skunk multiple times in the last couple of weeks, we've also had deer hanging around. One in particular has been hanging around our side fence in the trees napping and such for a couple of days. Most of the time Sophie doesn't notice it but on occasion she does. Then her hair stands up and off she goes. Such was the case this morning. We had two in the back yard just looking at the sliding glass door. She launched herself down her ramp and tore into the back yard. I almost wet myself laughing. Her little legs were FLYING!!! Darned tickballs...that's what I call the deer. Now if I can just find where the skunk is hanging out...yesterday it got REALLY smelly at 10am. Yes, 10am...aren't they nocturnal? And why was it out during the day??? I got nervous that I was going to have another encounter like I did at our last house when the neighbor started up his lawnmower in his shed and disrupted the skunk living underneath the floor. Out it shot towards our front yard and my gardening session. It is possible for a human to levitate multiple feet through the air away from danger, just in case you were wondering...I think I need a gun, and not my son's BB gun, which is what my husband grabbed last time(along with his headlamp) the skunk was in my hen house. Yet another pant-wetting episode. Ahh, country life! Happy Friday! It's going to be a hot one this weekend!!!

No comments: