Friday, July 10, 2009

Lobstah pahty

Uh oh. Men standing around steaming pots of boiled alive crustaceans can only mean one thing. Yup, it's time for another Maine Lobstah Pahty. My Dad turned 75 this June and that kind of thing warrants getting his favorite food.

I'm not a lobster fan. Maybe it shoving them in when they're still alive, or the fact that it's eyes are still looking at you when you're eating it, the tenacles touching your neighbor's plate, or the sucking of the legs, or the stomach gunk that people gave a charming name to so it wouldn't be offensive to eat(tamale, which I always thought was funny since they really don't know good Mexican food up there)...In any event, it looks like great fun, but not my thing. The kids all tried it. Evan and Grace had Aunt Lorna and Marjorie help them get theirs ready, took one bite, and passed it off to the next bidder...I was proud of them. Amanda, however, wanted no part of it. I wasn't surprised since she doesn't even like chunks in her yogurt.

These two were more on my wave length. I'd just as soon skip to the cake and ice cream! Raspberry!!! Yum! Since I made the cake I decided to let them clean the frosting off of the bottom edge. We always tell them they are told not to touch it, but I thought just this once wouldn't hurt. Right? Hey! I'm just the Aunt! Let their parents retrain them, right? :)

Summer finally has hit and lots of various activities as well. I'm going to try to catch up today so be ready for randomness...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo jelous!! Marcy

Rick and Terry said...

I agree with you about letting the kids sample the goods!

Excellent post. Loved the pictures. I'd eat lobster with Amanda anytime :) :) :)

It truly isn't for everyone.

Grace and Aria said...

"The men are getting weird."

Patty T said...

The older they get the more strange they get. I think us wives will have to retire to the house next time to avoid the embarassment. Notice the word in the middle of embarassment? Fits, huh?