Friday, July 10, 2009

Camp Beckwourth

We spent a week in the middle of June driving to Nevada City every day to go to a boyscout camp. Siblings were allowed at camp so Amanda got to go too. She was one of about 5 girls there. They got to do all sorts of fun stuff. I was at the flowerbox station. We made about 220 wooden flowerboxes. I can still hear the nailing. One thing I learned is little kids tap each nail about 35 times, times 12 nails per box...you do the math. Needless to say I needed quiet time by the end of the day.

At the end of camp they do a big water war. Amanda sat this one out, but the boys all went nuts! I'm not sure who were the bigger kids, the Dads or their sons. It was a free for all!
One of my kid's favorites activities was archery. They both were bubbling with excitement explaining it to me.



By the end of the week I had two exhausted kids. It was a good tired though and they are looking forward to it next year.




1 comment:

Grace and Aria said...

Looks like fun! I love that picture of the water war.