Friday, July 10, 2009

major project

Here is what's been taking up a lot of our time in the evenings this past month. Veggies galore!!!

Our garden has really taken off! The kids love going out in the evenings to pick what's ripe.
We have watermelons, cantalope, crookneck, zucchini, butternut, corn, tomatoes, green beans, basil, green onions, peas, peppers, cucumbers, and dill. Here is a collage Chris made of some photos he took. It's a busy place out back!

I've been canning this week. Wow! I'm tired! Picking, washing, processing, needing a latte and a pedicure...

2 comments:

Grace and Aria said...

WOW! I seriously need to come see your garden (maybe in the evening ;) wow.

Rick and Terry said...

Canning is serious work, but it feels so good to eat the veggies in the winter -- always makes me glad that I put forth the effort to can the goods.

No mustard pickles??? hmmm...