Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Outside

Keeping it real here. This is what our back patio looks like most of the time lately. It's that time of year...fertilizing, weeding, BBQing, mess making. I find myself saying, who wants to clean it up when we're just going to use it next weekend? Same reason why I'm not one to make my bed every morning. That's one of my goals this summer. Put stuff away and make it look nice so it feels nice! I went on a bit of a cleaning frenzy outside. We can actually eat on the picnic table instead of using it as a tool box. My husband was not happy. He's a bit of a messy guy, well, a lot messy and usually gets irritated with me when I make piles of his tools and such(like empty beer bottles) to put away. I wonder if it was because I piled it on the lawn, knowing it needed to be put away before the sprinklers came on that evening...horns anyone??? Hey, it worked... Another project we've been working on is getting the swing set back in action. It needs to be sanded and restained this summer. The best part of our backyard is the HUGE trees that shade it all day. The swing set is in shade at all times. LOVE IT! Chris wants to built a treehouse to connect to the set at some point. That should be interesting.
I'd also like you to meet our new addition. I've already posted pictures of the babies we hatched in January, but one came out of the chicken closet. Can you pick HIM out? He's the big pretty one along the fence. Rodney is NOT happy about sharing his girls and is constantly chasing around this HUGE rooster with his scrawny, fluffy, pathetic winged body. It's hilarious!


It took weeks for his crow to not sound like he had a hairball in his throat. Good thing he's so passive because Rodney is our favorite and we won't tolerate poor treatment of him. Chris is waiting to do the new guy in at the first sign of fighting. You know Chris and knives...any excuse.

I think he needs a name. I was considering Reggie, but he needs something more colorful since he spends all of his time doing sneak "dates" with the girls and is always chased off by Rodney. Maybe Joey...any suggestions? He's awful perty, don't you think?



1 comment:

Rick and Terry said...

Well, if he's a ladies man perhaps Charlie after the uncle on two and a half men.... Love that show.

Love your chicken tales so keep them coming