Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fessing up

Ok, so now I'm confessing the other stuff I got to put on my list of projects. I've been wanting to learn how to knit socks for a long time. I've also been eyeing this sock yarn for a while. I think a more appropriate name will be Soles and Moles, which not only rhymes, it also describes what my socks will look like, mole holes and all. Keeping fingers crossed!

I found these easy patterns on sale at Walmart when I was getting bandanas. Amanda and I will be making these this summer! Oh fun! I think I'll get some oilcloth so we can go to town with our canning and just wipe it clean.
And finally, once again, while at Walmart, they had a big pile of sale fabrics including this upholstry fabric. My chairs are in serious need of recovering now that the kids don't use the chair cushions as their personal napkins. Now our guests won't feel like they are going to leave with a stain on their backsides!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you go! Oh my goodness! So how's the knitting coming along?

Elissa said...

yeah. my chairs are actually covered in VINYL (BLECH) right now, so that i can just wipe them off. good luck with the projects! i'll have to see how your socks go. i am nervous about knitting in the round....