Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend work

It was a busy weekend at the Thomas house. It was the first nice sunny weekend in a while and we had it all planned out to get some things done around the house.
Even the chickens were excited about the nice weather. They happened to find the only dry dirt on the property right up against the house and promptly dug up my bush so they could dust. Poor things have been wet and muddy for days!!! Chris planted 7 cherry trees and 3 citrus trees. He also dug out a little trench to allow water to drain in the back of the house. We built a bon fire to burn off some old wood that was left out back. I mowed down all of the weeds too. We visited our brand new Home Depot to purchase the fencing we'll need to enclose the garden and re-fence the chicken coop. On Sunday we were feeling rather tired by the end of the day. We BBQ'ed a turkey and made fixings to go with it. It just sounded good. These types of weekends remind me of being a kid. We'd be outside all day with my dad while he worked on the property. We'd come inside and my Mom would have cooked a pot roast or baked beans for dinner. Then my dad would come in, shower, and we'd eat all the while completely tired from playing outside for 2 days. I would always sleep so soundly after weekends like that. The only thing making this not the greatest night's sleep was the alarm clock going off this morning, with it's new Daylight Savings time. That hour of lost sleep was tough to take!!! I'm sure we'll all be in bed early tonight. I hope you all had a great weekend enjoying the beautiful weather! I'll try to be better about posting the rest of the month. I've been rather distant from the computer. Call it Spring fever!












1 comment:

Grace and Aria said...

cherry trees!!
And, yes, daylight savings did make me grumpy on Monday morning, too ;)