Friday, March 20, 2009

Flight of the Bumble Bee


Ok, get the music in your head before I start...


No pictures, just chaos...wait, since I dislike not posting a picture and I've not been posting much, here is one of my dog, caught in the act, eating an entire box of Lemonade Girl Scout cookies that she found in amongst a case of other cookies. I might have posted this picture before but it cracks me up so here it is again!


SPRING IS HERE!!!


That brings lots of activity. this week started on the heels of my Women's Retreat for W.I.S.E. It was a wonderful weekend even though my air mattress died and I got 1 hour of sleep the first night. It was a nice break with lots of inspiration. I came home to fed, relatively clean kids and a house that didn't look like a tornado hit it. Good. This was probably easier accomplished by the fact that they ate most meals out, completely removing the need to use the kitchen. Ahem...I didn't budget in their meals to the weekend.


We hit the ground running Monday with music lessons for both of the kids.


Wednesday afternoon my Dad helped me take the 5th wheel down to have the refrigerator recall mess fixed so it wouldn't blow up when we use it. That's nice and much appreciated since I can't get the 5th wheel plate in the back of my truck by myself and Chris was at work. I didn't know they could get us in so quickly! Yeah! That night was my bible study. That night after my bible study my crown got loose while flossing.


Thursday started out with me trying to find a sub to cover me at work so I could go to the dentist to get my crown cemented back on. THANK THE LORD my tooth was fine and wasn't crumbling under there. It's about 11 years old so I was nervous about that. It was only $97 instead of $400. Then Thursday night was a divide and conquer maneuver with Chris heading off to Cub Scouts while I took Amanda to softball practice. Ok, here's the kicker to the whole week, which is still not over. While we're sitting there, the coach (who is great) asked if anyone wanted to be team mom. Of course this is being said to the 3 people that actually stayed whereas about 10 parents just dropped them off...whatever. No one budged. So, here I go again. I can't just sit there and not support him while he's teaching our kids how to play. I blurt out, "If you tell me what to do I'll do it." I felt immediate flushing of my face. I of course just added yet another thing to my plate. I have a problem...I need overvolunteer'ers anonymous or something!


I better go. I've got a field trip to get to and work calling me after that. Then it's get the kids early for a Dr appointment. I'm sleeping in tomorrow!


Life is good! Busy, but good!


Hello sunshine. Hello Claritan...

1 comment:

Elissa said...

oh, i am just the opposite... i never want to commit to ANYTHING. it just about kills me to sign up to bring in cookies for my kid's preschool or something. there must be a happy medium, right?