Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring projects

I've been busily preparing to, at some point, after a little procrastination, to start yet another series of projects! Some I have to do. Some I've been wanting to do. Here is one that needs to be done this month.



Amanda is doing a living history field trip to a museum here in town. They are supposed to dress in period clothing. I'll be making her dress and apron. I LOVE this chicken fabric. Here is the fabric for my costume. I signed up to do the craft part as a docent. Originally I wasn't going to make my own skirt, but I'm hoping I'll have time. I have a back up phone number just in case of a lady that does costume rentals. Secretly I hoped that Amanda wouldn't want the chicken fabric. Shoot! I'm fully preparing myself to look like a lampshade with all of the gathering in my skirt. I dislike pleats...


Here are the plans for another project I've been wanting to do for a year now. This pattern is for summer shorts that you make out of bandanas. I found this idea on another blogger's site. They go up quickly and are inexpensive to make. It takes 2 bandanas, which I found out come in a 2 pack at Walmart.


Chris found Evan a skull bandana which he was excited about. I'm not sure if they'll wear them...they thought the material was thin. I don't care if they only wear them at night. I just think they are cute! Maybe I'll finish them by October!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patty, If you don't get your skirt done call my mom. She has alot of this kind of stuff from their rondevous clothes. Marcy