Monday, May 11, 2009

busy weekend

The weekend proved to completely wear me out. I spent Saturday, ALL DAY, at a CPR first aid class. I came home to a cooked meal, a miniature rose plant on the table, and cards from the kiddos. They also got me the next book in the Twilight series that I'm almost ready to start. Yeah! It was a wonderful thing to come home to. I got a glimpse of what Chris feels when he comes home and I have dinner on the table waiting for him. He'd be satisfied with a beer in place of the rose plant though. Sunday I woke early and made breakfast. Then it was time to head outside to start the garden planting. I'm a bit of a bull in a china closet when I get started on a project. I do it until it's done. Chris kept trying to get me to sit down and have some sangria with him but I really just wanted to take the time I'd set aside and get all of my seed starts and seeds in the ground. He doesn't know what's on my calendar for the next couple of weeks, but I do and yesterday was the day to get the garden done. Are you ready??? I planted, butternut, zuchinni, crookneck, cucumber, watermelon, cantalope, 2 different types of onions, peas, corn, bell peppers, jalapenos, 38 tomato plants in 3 different varieties, herbs, and green beans. Whew! I get tired just thinking about it, which is why there aren't any pictures. My arms were too tired to lift up my camera!!! Today I'm clearing out a planter box before work and planting 2 hydrangeas Richard gave me. I need to get them in before it gets too hot!!!

Maybe when more of the little green shoots are showing I'll take some pictures. If everything goes well we'll probably be having picking parties too!

2 comments:

Rick and Terry said...

Wholly cow!!! That's a whole lot of garden.

38 tomatoe plants!!!!! canning at your home is going to be like a factory I'll bet.

Grace and Aria said...

OH. MY!!! I have to come see this! wow.