Monday, May 18, 2009

Thirteen years...


Today is my 13th anniversary. We didn't do much to celebrate it. Chris picked me some flowers from our pasture and we spent some time together while the kids were in school last Friday. Our lives have taken a different turn this past year. Whereas in past years we would just do whatever we wanted and not think about the money, where we are at right now, and for the years to come we are more satisfied to just be still. Still in the sense of being in the moment, being happy with what we have, and feeling like we've gotten to a place in our lives where just knowing that we are still building a life together is enough.


When I think back on what we've done in 13 years it seems like so much. At the same time, it seems like a drop in the bucket on what we have left to do. I guess for now I'll just live in the moment. The rest seems to overwhelming! I think I'm feeling intimidated with life. Good thing I have someone to go through it with. Happy Anniversary Honey! I love you.

2 comments:

Grace and Aria said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! You've got the right attitude towards life... God will take care of the rest!!

Rick and Terry said...

Wow! 13 years ago I was at your wedding -- it H-A-S been a very long time between visits.

Hoping we can made it out your way before the next wedding (wholly!)

belated happy anniversary