Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas 2009

Here are a few Christmas photos. We went to Chris's parent's house for Christmas Eve this year. Amanda always loves to play Snorta when we go over. It's a fun game that gets you making all sorts of strange farm noises.


I've not heard Amanda laugh as much as she does when Snorta is being played. She thinks it's so funny! She likes to play Grandma Thomas because she always wins. It's a bit of a tongue twister for your brain.
Here are the men doing men stuff.
We usually decorate cookies for Santa every Christmas Eve so we took them over to do with Grandma. Karen said she wasn't doing well with hers and upon closer inspection I realized instead of decorating gel I had purchased gel food coloring. Oops! They were sitting right next to each other on the shelf at the store! Good thing we had frosting and sprinkles to use as well.


This was the first year that the kids knew Santa didn't exist. That was sad, but kind of a relief for me. It does take some of the magic out of Christmas. It does however, ensure mom and dad get more sleep Christmas Eve and mom doesn't have to remember where she hid everything. Heck! I had everything wrapped and under the tree days before! THAT was awesome. I think I'd give it all up though to keep them young and believing in the big guy. Just one of many changes they are going through as they grow up. Now if I can just keep up!

No comments: