Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas morning 2009

Christmas morning had a different feel this year. It's the first year without a Santa. Although Sophie still thinks Santa is a cool guy. I have to put her stocking up Christmas Eve otherwise she sticks her nose in her stocking and pulls out all of the toys containing squeakies.


Amanda got her first taste of long nails. She loved the press on nails she got in the stocking. She didn't, however, realize how annoying long nails are when you aren't used to them. That was a quick $5 down the drain. She did last one day though. When we went over to Grandma Dolley's house late in the day Aunt Lorna thought they were her real nails, which Amanda thought was funny.
Here is the big gift for the kids. They've wanted Guitar Hero since they got the XBox last year. I, however, don't see the fasination in it. I'd much rather play Super Mario Brothers or Lego Indiana Jones. Evan busily put together his new Lego sets that day as well. He has a surprising level of focus when he has to put them together. Uncle Jimmy was over around lunchtime Christmas day and helped Evan put the Crystal Sweeper together. It has around 40 pages of directions to it. Evan knows Uncle Jimmy is the Lego Master. He even told his friend about Uncle Jimmy being the Lego Master.

True to form. I forgot to take my camera to the rest of the festivities at my mom's house so this is the end. Last year I didn't take it to Chris's parent's house. I need to velcro it to my arm! We had a busy year and I'm kind of glad it's over. I have high expectations for 2010! Happy New Year!


No comments: