Saturday, January 16, 2010

playing catch up

I'm doing a bit of catch up as of late. I had good intentions of working towards some Christmas crafts to have, and to give as gifts. I'm thinking I'll be ahead of the game for next year.

Here is my first 9 patch pillow. It's my first 9 patch of anything, really. Makes me want to make a blanket and do the little ties to quilt it together. Hummm. Maybe once I get my other projects finished. No more fabrics in my stacks!
Here is a countdown calendar Karen (MIL) gave me a while ago from her stash. It turned out pretty cute! I think I'm going to re-do the binding though. I used some bias to do it to make it faster and I dislike how it turned out. In the back of my head I knew that would happen, but I was being impatient.
This weekend I'm going to work on a food project. I want to make Empanadas. I'd like something that I can make up from leftover meats and veggies that can be thrown in the freezer for later consumption. If they turn out I'll be posting a picture! If you never hear of them again then don't ask! Have a good weekend!

No comments: