Saturday, November 1, 2008

Birthday weekend

It's been a relaxing rainy Saturday. I spent the morning making a casserole and soup for my best friend's mom. She had surgery on Wednesday and had some complications so I wanted to take over some food for them to munch on while she's recovering. Then it was delivery time! She is doing pretty well considering, and I was glad they were home and settled in. Meals on wheels is rewarding and I enjoyed putzing around my kitchen all day.

Look at my birthday gifts from the kids and Chris! Handmade cards are always the best. Amanda wrote me a poem in hers and Evan drew pictures of the 2 of us inside his. Awww. I also got 2 chicken books and 2 bars of yummy soap. The electric fly swatter was Chris's idea since I rant about all of the flys coming in from the garage that buzz around my kitchen. Can't stand that!

Here is one batch of apple butter. The second and third batch are bubbling away as I type. I'll probably process it tomorrow morning. My house smells yummy!!!
Here is my cake that we get to eat tomorrow. The kids were proud of their cake. I ALMOST let them do it all by themselves.


Here they are!!! My not so Amish Friendship bread. It tastes good, is REALLY sweet, and can never be duplicated. I added different stuff to mine and put a bunch of apple butter in the mix. I couldn't keep this stuff around that much. I'd eat it constantly!


This is my gift from Chris. Thanks honey! Whew! I'm pooped! I had a productive day in my kitchen and tomorrow I hope to sew something. We'll see. I might do nothing after church. I feel a Harry Potter marathon coming on!!! Too bad turning back the clocks tomorrow didn't include turning back time. I guess I'll embrace 34 the best I can!







1 comment:

Mommy said...

Happy Birthday Patty! I hope all your wishes come true...Enjoy your weekend!!