Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Help!!!

Do you ever find yourself in the kitchen, struggling with the need...to...keep...adding...things...to the pot???? A little of this, a little of that, some more of this...maybe just a little more of this...help! I'm sick in the head! Then my poor husband is forced to be the guinea pig. The last 2 days I've been chasing him around with a spoon(then he made some comment about how it's too bad I had a spoon in my hand while chasing him...but I'm ignoring that)asking him to taste it this time. "I just tasted it! And how come it looks like baby poop?" "I know, but that was before I added more of ____!" This is my pumpkin apple butter. Viola!!! Mind you, I've had a stuffy nose for 2 weeks so I'm not completely sure of it's quality, but I think it turned out pretty good!!! I've not had pumpkin butter in a long time. I added lots of apples and didn't put in as much sugar and it sweetened up nicely. Those of you that will be at Thanksgiving beware. I'll probably try to get some of you to taste it. You know, until my nose gets back to normal. I need testers! Hey, I can at least use it in my pumpkin muffin recipe if I get tired of it. I have 6 jars to use up!



2 comments:

Grace and Aria said...

I can just picture you chasing Chris around with a spoon. funny!

Lorna said...

Do we get to taste test at your x-mas party?? :)