Saturday, November 15, 2008

cheating


I've been cheating! Shhhh! Don't tell! Well, ok. Let me explain. With gas prices down soooo much...um, ah, I've been kind of...driving my truck! There! I said it. Don't tell the Prius. I didn't intend to leave her parked in the garage, honest! It's just that, when I see my truck sitting there, teasing me, showing my true inner being, I can't STAND it! I know it's silly, but when I get in my truck, that I drove for 7 years, it feels like um...me. I can't explain it. It's a country girl truck thing. I feel big, safe, powerful and in my comfort zone. In the Prius I feel small, efficient, compromising, goofy, and just...existing and not living. Isn't that silly? The trunk in the Prius is nice to have grocery shopping...see? Those are the thoughts with the Prius. How practical, right? If I gave you my truck for a week I'm sure you'd see the light...I'm tellin' ya. When you start it up and have the dual exhaust roars to life and nail it off the line it's like letting go of the crap and getting with the program. I've always been in love with cars. It's in my blood. My first car was a '66 mustang 269 V8 3 speed on the floor. Yeah, it was cool. No power steering and working gas gauge was kind of a drag, but the horsepower and nailing it when getting on the freeway and not shifting into second gear until you were at about 55 or 60 miles an hour ROCKED! I'm not strictly an American car girl though. I LOVE Volkswagen and have had 3 different models of those. My favorite was my GLX Passat. I always figured it was my wanna be BMW. I'd love a 740i. Ahhh. I love those foreign sedans that secretly have that biggo' engine in 'em. Sadly, the demands for oil and petroleum products dictates my ability to have my car power needs filled. Can I just impress upon people to start using paper bags or bring your own? Do you know how much oil is used per family just making those plastic bags in a year??? It's a TON! I don't remember the exact number but it was big enough to get me to start using my own cloth bags at the grocery store. That big. Anyway, I digress. Part of my need for my truck this week is the same reason I've been negligent on posting more this week. I've felt overwhelmed with my roles this week. It was time for me to try to focus on trying to get my stress and anxiety under control. (I probably won't even go there post wise. I don't want to redo this week in my mind if possible.) My truck represented that need to refocus in a big way this week. Maybe I can con Chris into driving the Prius next week...for more therapy, you know. Trucks! They're good for the soul!

1 comment:

Mommy said...

I'm thinkin' that I remember that first car and you were pretty cool driving it;) Thinking about ya! Understanding the crap of life, overwhelmed, stressed......well you know...just thinking about ya! Take Care friend:)