Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh ouch!

I went and picked Sophie up today after her slumber party at the vet. She tore her ACL (a ligament)last year and we had the surgery done to repair it yesterday. Poor thing can't put any weight on it and hobbles around on 3 legs. I knew she was glad to be home when she went straight to the wet cat food dish to lick out any leftovers. She was starving after not eating for 2 days. Corgi's live for food so that's a major thing for her to miss that many feedings!


This is her, "Ahhh, these are some good drugs" face. Hopefully she'll sleep a lot so I won't have to follow her around helping her. It's horrible to see her trying to move.
Now we start her 2 month rehab. She should be back to fetching and running some time in February. It's been torture to ignore her when she brings me her toys and wants to run. She also had her teeth cleaned, a broken one pulled, and her toe nails trimmed. It stinks getting old! At least they did her overhaul when she was out like a light!

6 comments:

Grace and Aria said...

Poor, Sophie. The boys will be disappointed not to play fetch with her :(

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear she is doing well. She is such a great dog! I hope she gets back to her old self soon. (you should have had it done sooner, her and my mom could have been gimpy together!!ha ha!) Marcy

Anonymous said...

awe, poor thing! wishing her a speedy recovery...for her sake and yours!! :)

Rick and Terry said...

Hey, nice picture (not that the chicken wasn't pretty)

Sophie is lucky to be so well cared for. The things we do for our pets is crazy.

Have a great holiday
Hugs to everyone
Terry XO

Molly said...

oh, poor thing! hope she recovers fast.

i don't have your email, but wanted to respond to your offer to trade birds for butter. do you have fabric you want to use? let me know.

Jenna said...

Hey Patty!! This is Jenna. It is so good to hear from you and know that you have a blog. Now we can keep in touch. Poor Sophie :( I hope all is well with everyone and I can;t wait to hear back from you. Tell everyone I said hi. Love you!