Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas festivities

Hey! I actually remembered to snap a couple of pictures at my Christmas party. Of course, it's of the kids. They don't have issues with pictures being taken of them like adults do...well like I do. My mom helped the kids make Christmas blocks. I didn't realize that I don't have a picture of them all aglow and now they are packed up for next year! Oops! The kids loved having them in their rooms. They are glass blocks that are use in bathrooms and as dividers that my dad drilled a hole in. Then you shove a strand of lights through the hole and decorate the outside of the block. Viola! A cute little Christmas decoration!

We had a cookie decorating area in the garage for the kids. They went nuts putting toppings on and ate up a sugary storm! Then the dog went around and cleaned up every sprinkle and candy piece within her reach.
Sadly, there is no evidence of any adults here, but there were quite a few of them here...they were in the house eating sushi with Chris. He busted out the sushi gear and made up some appetizers for everyone to try. I stayed in cookie land. Yum! Mike(my BIL) made a pot of spicy chili to cut the sweet overload. We also did a little cookie/candy exchange and although I'd like to say I passed out the little boxes of cookies that I made up...we ate it. All of it. THATS why my pants are tight and I'm slowly coming down off of my Christmas sugar high. I feel yucky!

No comments: