Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Look who's pooped! She's hiding under my sewing machine.



Look who's passed out on the couch. Why, you ask, are they so tired?

They were up ALL night playing with the 7 girls that spent the night last weekend for Amanda's 9th birthday. Sophie was in heaven with all of the attention. The cat chased the laser light all evening. The girls all did really well and finally stopped moving when I read them their last book at midnight. Then the giggling started about 6am. I think I drank an entire pot of coffee and a couple of diet cokes on Sunday. Ugh.


I can't believe my little girl is 9 years old. It seems like yesterday that I was going to the hospital at 12:30am in labor. This was her first "friend" party with no boys or relatives, just the girls! There was lots of giggling, eating junk, and playing with the new toys.



I made them play the newspaper wrapped jumbo Hershey bar game. They had to put on the scarf, gloves, and hat and then try to unwrap the Hershey bar that was wrapped in many taped layers of paper. During this time the girls took turns rolling the dice until someone got doubles. Then the next girl had to get dressed and try to get the chocolate bar opened before the next double was rolled. There was lots of yelling and squealing. I love this game. I took them on a hike for an hour the next day after breakfast for a little revenge. Ha, Ha, Ha!






1 comment:

Rick and Terry said...

sounds and looks like fun!

What a great mom you are. There is nothing quite like an all girl adventure