Sunday, December 28, 2008

holiday hello

I've been a little distant from blog land as of late. We've been enjoying our first holiday season in our new house. It's been filled with baking, eating, gifting, talking, sleeping, and learning when I do and don't fit in to my present surroundings or company. It all rounded up nicely with a 2 day headache and waking up this morning to find out that we were out of propane. It's a bit nippy in the house. We'll just forget that I asked Chris to check the propane levels a couple of weeks ago, twice. We're new to propane as we had city gas before. I'm sure it always happens on the weekend too when the propane company is closed. I won't grumble about our electric water heater anymore, since we can still take hot showers. The propane company is supposed to come by once a month to check the tank, and I've seen him drive by twice in the last 3 months but never once did he stop. I think they forgot about us! I'll soon be looking like the kid in Christmas Story, unable to put my arms down. It's already down to 62 in the house so I'm sure it will be in the 50's in here by morning. Yikes! The kids think it's going to be fun to sleep by the fire place. I just wish it had a blower or wasn't just for show. Most of the heat goes up the chimney. I'll spend the next couple of posts showing our December pictures and trying to catch up on our winter break happenings.


We've had a couple of cold snaps this month and a couple of snow flurries. Too bad nothing stuck. My hummingbird feeder was frozen though!
The kids were so desparate for snow that they put on their snow gear and were making frost angels.

Goobers. Hope everyone had a nice Christmas!


1 comment:

Rick and Terry said...

What a sweet photo of the angle makers! Just love it!