Friday, January 23, 2009

Latte Friday!!!

Hello all.

It's Latte Friday! Yeah! Although I think I'm cheating. Does it count if you run into your pastor next to Starbucks on Wednesday and he offeres to buy you your latte? How could I say no? I love my pastor. I've felt so lucky to find such a nice pastor and church close to home. He is encouraging with my "walk" but not pushy...except when he wanted me to give my testimony in front of the entire congregation and I talked to him ONE day before he wanted me to do it. Yikes! In hindsight I'm glad I did it. I had quite a few people come up to me after and talk about it. I think it's important for people to hear real stories about real people and their trials and tribulations about their faith and what opened their eyes. It also made me feel like part of the church, a member. Anyway, back to lattes. I usually only allow myself one a week if I've worked out at least 4 times. This week I missed 2 days. It wasn't my fault. I'm blaming it on the rain and a slick chicken coop. Let's just say I looked more like a piggie all slicked up with mud and I tweaked myself. Anyhoo, I think I'm justifying my second latte since the first one came from someone else and I'm injured. Does that sound good enough? Plus I have to find something to do while I wait for the gravel truck to come deliver 6 yards of road base. I'm already getting nervous about it. I hate doing man stuff, but have gotten used to it over the years. Chris gets out of all of that stuff. I take the cars in, I deal with the utility and propane guys, I deal with the cable guys(you remember that though) and now I deal with the gravel guys. Sometimes it's intimidating!!! I am dealing with that stress by medicating myself with a LATTE. There. I think I'm done justifying. Sound good?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You DESERVE a latte!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!

Grace and Aria said...

Yes, you do deserve a latte! And I'm so proud of you for giving your testimony in front of the entire church. yikes! You are awesome :)

See you tomorrow!