Saturday, October 18, 2008

Colored hair rocks


Common ground. This is an important thing in our household. I never paid much attention to it when the kids were little. I don't know if I'm even using the phrase correctly, but this is what it means to me right now: The kids have something that makes them connect and enjoy each other and forget that one was touching the other, or too close to the other's side, or was looking out their window instead of the one next to them, or was "copying me", or was looking at me, or was laughing at me, or was going "____" ...you get the idea. These rare moments are so fun to see them truly enjoying each other and being able to laugh at each other without hurt feelings or anger and this time it was called "crazy hair day" at school. Yup. Give my kids some colored hairspray and they are best friends trying to figure out what to do and where to do it. When I went to take this picture Evan said, "Let's put our arms around each other!" Awww. I wish I would have had my camera at school. Oh my gosh there were some cool hair do's going on! Very creative. A little boy at school was walking behind his older sister and when my kids were admiring her crazy hair he said, "That's my sister." He was so proud of her. Who knew hair products could bring siblings closer together? I advise all you moms of bickering siblings to go get some Halloween spray and have a good weekend!!!

1 comment:

Grace and Aria said...

common ground is a good point! So sweet of my niece and nephew :) Can you email me that picture?