Wednesday, October 29, 2008

moving mishaps

When we moved I had put all of my candles in one tub and made sure they went into a livingspace instead of the barn at my parent's house. I bought these candles when we were up in Squaw Creek this past summer. There is a great candle shop up there! You'd have to check it out on my old blog page posted to the right. Notice how they look a little funny in spots??? Gee, I wonder why.


This is how they looked minutes before the picture above. Nice. This is what happens on a 10 minute trailer ride across town when you have to move in 100 degree heat. I was so bummed! Heating them in the oven worked a little. I refuse to throw them out!
Really, I just wanted to show a picture of how clean my oven is before it goes through a winter at my house. (Imagine the Vanna hand waving around here, and here.) It looks brand new inside! Either they never used the oven or they did a lot of hard work to make it look all spify. I wasn't that nice to our buyers...they got their "hard work" out of their reduced sales price...the kids want to go trick or treating in our old neighborhood to check them out. We never saw them. They'd probably open their big mouthes about it on the step. What are your Halloween plans this year? Amanda is going to a friend's Halloween party and I'm taking Evan to the Downtown Businesses that are participating in giving out candy after school. I might be too pooped to trick or treat after those 2 events...hopefully. It's supposed to rain too. There might be a lightening strike or a flash flood...what else can I come up with? No candy!!! It's hard enough to make it through the grocery store without going into chocoholic rants and holding up somewhere in a corner like a crazed animal growling at customers while one rips open bags of Reeses...

No comments: