Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Painting Day

The kids are always dying to help me paint. Most of the time I let them have one or two passes with the roller and that's it. The thought of 2 kids painting inside the house makes me cringe. This time they got to help! We had to paint the chicken's barn out back and they were in charge. Hard as I tried to just let them do it all I eventually stepped in a little. I just couldn't help it! For example, Evan kept rolling his roller all the way to the dirt and then back in the paint pan. Now it's got texture added! Then Amanda liked to dip her brush ALL the way into the paint can. ALL THE WAY. I tried, really I did! There are certain things I can't handle when painting...crap in the paint and a messy brush. Thank goodness they got tired and decided they were done after about 30 minutes. I was about to have a coronary. My hats off to the Moms that can let it go and allow their children the room to explore and learn without interfering. I wasn't born with that hardwiring.

See? See???? That's Evan painting his hand and I let him do it! Does that count?
I think the chickens liked the new paint and roof on their house. Nice and cozy!

No comments: