Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Friday

This morning has been peaceful for me. I was working extra hours at school all week in the morning and today I wasn't needed until noon so I took advantage of it. After dropping the kids off for school I talked to a few ladies, hit the grocery store, and checked out some blogs I've lost track of. I've been thinking about things I should be thankful for and here's my list:

1. Thankful for coupons and the "bring your own bags" credit. I saved $5! I'm also thankful I remembered to get my bags out of the trunk this time. One small step to help the environment!

2. Thankful for nature out my window. I am watching quail run around in my pasture.

3 Thankful I have a pasture now.

4. Thankful my husband is such a great guy and willing to go back to living paycheck to paycheck again for a while. Not much fun, but worth the effort.

5. Thankful we're all healthy.

6. Thankful for my family and friends. They really make my life more full.

7. Thankful we have food in the fridge and clothes to wear.

8. Thankful it's Fall and the stores have those pumpkin shaped candy corn again. Love those! Plus if you eat too many they get nauseating so it's easy to keep it to a dull roar.

hummm...I'm trying to get to 10...

9. Thankful that my children are happy to help Mom this past week with chores without complaining THAT much. Just a little here and there but I was ignoring that.

10. Thankful that I am FORCED to spend some time sewing this weekend on costumes so I have to ignore a chore. Shoot! And also that Marcy had a black cape Evan could borrow for his Darth Vadar costume so I only have to work on Amanda's witch cape. That means I'll MAYBE get to work on something of mine. You know how it goes, once the machine is out and there is time set aside it inspires us to keep going! Oh, the list of unfinished things...I guess I should finish Evan's quilt before it gets too much colder...especially since it was supposed to be a birthday present and now it will probably be a Christmas present instead.

Whew! That was 10.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

NAVAL LANGA said...

To Ms. Patty T

I have just visited your blog, read some of the posts, and would love to revisit, as I liked your simple narrative, the style of writing.

If you are interested in reading the short stories and humorous articles by an Indian writer, then a visit to my blog would be a good idea. You would get the value for your time spent in reading the same.

Naval Langa