Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lots of learnin' today

Part 1: So, my day started with Rodney, my funny little rooster, not doing well. He wasn't crowing when I let him out this morning and he was walking around like he was drunk. Poor guy couldn't see. So, panic time. He is my favorite, he is my kid's favorite. We love the little guy. I was scared he had the little cold my new girls had. Not much I could do at the time with school and work to get through. When I got home I threw a towel over him and my Dad discovered he had mites in his eyes. Ok, this is where the creepy itchies started. Yuck. So, dust his vent(hiney) with powder and get some drops in his eyes and he was a new man! Wow! I'm learnin' lots 'bout chickens.

Part 2 of my day: We're having an issue with flys coming in the house from the garage every time we open the door. There are TONS of them in the garage now that the weather is getting colder. Chris got those fly strips to hang in the garage. I decided to put one in the kitchen. I decided to let Evan open it by twisting it counterclockwise SLOWLY. Evan doesn't do SLOWLY well. Now Mommy knows how sticky fly strips are when you touch them to get the rest of the strip out of the package that Evan ripped in two. Mommy also figured out the directions lie about soap and water taking off the stick'um.

No comments: