Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The gift of Amish Friendsh...wait a minute...

Look what I got at the gym this morning??? I saw her coming, her little bags of slime in hand. She nailed me at the door on my way out from spinning class. Her: "Hey, have you ever tried one of these?" Me: "Uh, no." Her: "It's really easy. You're on day 6. It's really yummy too!" Me: "Ok. I guess with the holidays coming up I can throw them in the freezer." See? Already justifying the extra calories coming into the house. Well, once I got home I saw why it was so yummy. Day 1 mush the bag. Day 2 mush the bag. That goes on for a while. Day 6 add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and one cup milk. Mush, Mush, Mush. Then add more sugar, more sugar, more sugar. Every time you add flour you add the same amount of sugar! No wonder it's soooo good! Then at the end you add a box of vanilla pudding as well! Ah, do the Amish add a box of vanilla? I bet not. So, I've already started tweaking it. I added the right amount of sugar, but I did half whole wheat half white flour. Basically, I won't be able to pass my slime on to anyone else cause I'm tweakin' it. Maybe if it turns out tasty I'll pass on the loaves instead. It also has the typical, "Only the Amish have the recipe so if you don't pass it on and keep it going at your house you'll never know the recipe to start it again!" Ah, have you heard of the internet? I'm now on a quest to do a healthy bread starter. I'll try a sourdough or something that won't add as much bad stuff to it. Be on the look out for bags of slime and a smile!



No comments: